There is so much talent here in Perth! Finding the right photographer to document those family moments can be a hard and overwhelming task. Before you settle down on just any ordinary photographer, there are a few things to keep an eye out for in your search.
Key Factors to Consider When Searching for a Family Photographer
- Browse through their reviews. Whether on Google, Facebook, or various social media platforms, real people share their experiences online, and these reviews truly speak volumes.
- Do they have a portfolio? Look at the work they have done. If they have a website, this makes it even better. Make sure their style fits what you imagine for your future sessions. Compare their portfolio to other portfolios out there. Please note their editing style. Each photographer has their own unique style and you want this to speak to you.
- Most photographers specialize in different niches nowadays. If you’re looking to do a family photography session, and the photographer specializes in a different niche, it could be a no-go!
- Are they within your budget? Pricing for professional photography can range from low to high. Some photographers will charge you $500, while others will cost you $3,000 for the same gig. Have in mind what you can afford, but don’t let price be the main factor.
- Make sure they have availability for dates you have in mind. If you are having a baby in six months, check with the photographer to see if they have availability then. Some photographers need several months in advance. Book as early as possible!
- See if they have insurance. Don’t be ashamed to ask them this question! Have peace of mind knowing they are covered in case of an accident, injury, emergency, or damage.
- Try to match your requirements with the photographer’s strengths, expertise, and compatibility with your type of style. You will find your match! Perth is full of wonderfully skilled photographers ready to meet you.
I hope this has helped with what to keep an eye out for when searching for your photographer. There are two other things that could help add to your experience and that would be if the photographer offers a Client Wardrobe or has a List of Popular Locations to choose from.